as of September 11, 2013

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 5, 2015 – 2015 already?

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

Happy New Year! This will be my first letter of the year! Quite honestly, my New Year’s went by pretty boringly. :P There were parties here and there but in the country side all the sound isn't reflected between the buildings, thank goodness. There was still noise, but comparatively quiet for a holiday. We went outside hoping for some fireworks but all we got was a tiny little homemade roman candle down the street. It was almost as funny as it was disappointing, haha!

Well other than that, we had an awesome baptism this weekend! Her name is Carlita de la Cruz. She loved the baptism! Elder Guzman's last companion got permission from president to come on down and baptize her. It was one of the more spiritual baptisms I've been a part of. That was nice for a change. ^_^ The branch is doing a good job at making her feel welcome, especially since she doesn't have support at home. Her daughter is a 7th day Adventist and doesn't want her to be baptized. :P She's nice to us and lets us teach Carlita, of course. But it's just one of those things. Carlita took a leap of faith by getting baptized and is super happy that she had! :D



Man, it's 2015 already? It's crazy how the time flies out here. I remember Ian being gone on his mission and that felt like forever! Well, that's probably because I haven't seen him since almost 3 years ago. But it's crazy! Some elders I met at the beginning of my mission are going home already. A sister I met Day 1 on my mission has already gone home and the only sister from my group will be going home this next transfer. They're all leaving so soon, and our departure is getting even closer. My thought of two years now is the shortest long time! ^_^

Well this week will be full of contacting because we've had to drop a few people, and we need more people to teach. Should be an adventure! I'm used to countryside areas, so this will be a pleasure!

I also would like to thank everyone in the family who sent me stuff for Christmas! Thanks, Tita Jackie for the shoes and $, and Tita Jona for the treats! And thanks Anton, Anya, and Cameron for the money, it was really sweet of you guys!  Thank you Tita Lennet, Uncle Monjun, Randall, and Lara for the presents! Also, thanks to the ward members who sent me treats and ties and socks.  They were awesome!

We'll see how the first week of the year goes! Thank you guys so much for the support and love! It keeps me going! Love you all!

-Elder Froude

Here's some pictures of the treats I got for Christmas.  Thanks again!  I loved them all!


Being silly!


Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment