as of September 11, 2013

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

December 8, 2014 – Getting close to Christmas!

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

We're finally going to have a baptism this week! Pedro's baptismal interview will be tomorrow, and he's so ready! He's really excited too. He hasn't missed going to church since we started about a month and a half ago. The ward needs to get on getting him another friend or two, but he's cool with the Bishop, so that should help out.

This past weekend, the Priesthood had a Christmas activity. An open house. Simple right? Well... miren lo que pasó. Look at what happened. During the open house, the people coming in will go into a room to listen to a message and then rotate to another one until we all meet up together in the chapel. We had four rooms and two of the teachers didn't show up. So, me and another elder had to fill in and only had 5 minutes to prepare. When we started, only our investigators showed up (one of ours, and one of the other companionship's), some of the people in charge, and maybe 4 members. Not to say it was a disaster, because our investigator, an older woman named Daisy, said she liked it! But I feel like it would have run better if the people in charge would have planned it more than two days in advance before the activity.

Speaking of things being sprung upon me in the latest minute possible, I taught Gospel Principles yesterday at church! I had a whole minute to prepare too! Actually, it went really well. I taught about the Sacrament. And I used up the whole 45 minute lesson very well. Thank you Holy Spirit! Lol, I can't say this is the first time this has happened to me, nor can I say it will be the last time.

Now about the sisters in my district, it was really up and down for a bit this week with me. Hna. Santos will be returning to Puerto Rico this coming Tuesday for health, but with honors. It wasn't completely unexpected, but I was hoping that they would be able to end on good terms before then. They had talked with each other and had arrived on some sort of compromise, but I saw that things were still a little shaky with them. I got frustrated because the Sister Leaders and I were hoping that one of them would start showing even a little charity by now. I thought a lot about what it is that we could do to make them part as friends. After talking with my companion and prayer, I came to the conclusion that we've already done all that we could. Now, it's time to see if they learned what we've taught them. If you teach a kid to ride a bike, you teach them by holding on so they don't fall. But you have to let go at one point, don't you? How else are you going to see if they really did learn? I brought this up with the Sister Leaders, luckily before they called them, and they agreed.

It's amazing how much a person learns when all they do is offer service to others. Such a simple little act brings forth a fortune of lessons and knowledge, it's incredible! I still have got so much to learn, of course, but I can't imagine how different my life would be like if I hadn't come out here to learn these things. Yay, I'm growing up, haha!

I'm gonna take a TON of pictures this week because we'll have a special District meeting and a Zone conference the day after, and a baptism! I'll take a lot and send them all! I'll write you all next week ok? Love you all! Thank you for all your support and gifts! They mean so much!


-Elder Froude

No comments:

Post a Comment