as of September 11, 2013

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

December 15, 2014 – Getting transferred to a new area - Yamasa

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

I'm getting transferred! 6 months and a half in Ralma, the longest time I've spent in an area, and now I'm leaving. I worked really hard in this area, hoping that by the time I’d leave it would be in better shape than I found it. And I think it is. We have a whole new pool of investigators, a lot more are progressing than when I started, and we've been able to baptize two people. It might not seem like much but if this is what my best can bring forth, and if the Lord is satisfied, then I am too. Sure, I feel like I can do so much more, especially with where we are now, but I suppose I'm needed elsewhere now. I can't wait to see what this new adventure has in store for me!

A lot has happened this past week; let's see if I can sum it up well. To start, we had our District meeting where afterwards we practiced and arranged a song for the Mission Tour meeting the next day, where Elder Cornish, our area president, would be present. Hna Goff and I were the only ones that knew the parts to the song we would sing, which was Silent Night. We didn't have much time to arrange either and Hna Goff and I didn't even end up singing. XD She had to play the piano and I had to conduct the music for the meeting. In the end, it turned out well. It wasn’t the Mormon Tabernacle Choir but President Corbitt and Elder Cornish looked like they liked it! Speaking of that, Elder Cornish spoke in that meeting about mission tour and it was awesome! He also did a Q and A session during lunch, and I learned a ton from that as well. I asked him a question about the priesthood and there's just something about learning from a 70 that just changes your life. XD He told me that to unlock your full potential of your priesthood duties, a man must understand 3 things: the nature of the Lord, the man's relationship with the Lord, and the will of the Lord in that particular moment. It was a really good meeting! ^_^

Pedro was baptized on Saturday!! It was awesome! He was so happy to be part of the church now. He asked me to baptize him and for Elder Tillmond to confirm him. I would have rather that Elder TIllmond baptize him because it would’ve been his first time but at least he got to give him the Holy Spirit, which when learning Spanish, is a little harder! But everything went great! ^_^




I'm going to be spending the rest of the day today saying bye to my baptisms and the members I'm closest to. It'll be a little sad; nobody likes saying goodbyes. :P But I go where the Lord needs me, and I won't forget this area. It was hard but I think I have grown from it. We'll see what else the Lord has in store for me. Thank you so much for everything, guys! The package I got from you was so awesome! I can't wait to call you guys for Christmas! Love you!


-Elder Froude


Got your package!  Yay!
Buses are cramped over here.
Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment