as of September 11, 2013

Monday, March 30, 2015

March 23, 2015 – Busy, Busy Missionaries!

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

Boy, it's been a long time since I've written one of these! Sorry about that! The past few weeks we've been short on everything. But let's see if I can remember what has happened these past few weeks into a letter.

So I arrive to my new area Amalia, and I'm loving it so far. It's very similar to what Punta Cana was like; We live in a pretty nice neighborhood and it is surrounded by poor area. Also my new companion is amazing! He's extremely funny and a super hard worker. My last comp was too but there's a different feel about Elder McCombs, I think because he's from California. More relaxed I guess? He's just too cool! Anyway, he and I are getting along super well and we both have high hopes for the zone. But that first week was pretty dang nuts because we haven't had time for ANYTHING! I think that first week we didn't have a single normal day. It was always a trip to the office one day, a meeting in another, etc. I think that first week we arrived home every day after 9:30 pm. Crazy little week! I don't even know how I had time to put lessons in the day.

The second week was a little better. We were finally able to organize ourselves and give us some breathing room. We sat down and talked about the zone and made goals to improve and all that good stuff. We actually still go to the office pretty often, at least once a week for whatever. Actually, this past week we had a meeting with the stake president and President Corbitt to talk about the stake. We told them the reports we made about some particular areas and branches, and also asked for more support in our group because even though it is completely capable of being a branch, it isn't yet. We have more than 50 people coming to church every week; that's more than some established branches here. Hopefully this week we'll hear some news on that.

Also it was Elder McCombs' 20th birthday this week. Elder McCombs will go home one transfer before I do. That was a fun day because we did an exchange with the AP's, Elder Bateman and Elder Southwick, two missionaries we're super close with. I went with Elder Bateman and during the exchange, Elder Bateman took me with him to get Elder McCombs some easy gifts. That same night we had a meeting with President, and afterwards, while Elder McCombs was distracted, Elder Bateman hid the gifts all around the house. It was a fun night! ^_^

But poor Elder McCombs got suuuuuper sick the very next day, and still is sick. He's a lot better today but is feeling super dizzy. We haven't left to work in a few days. But we're hoping that by tomorrow we'll be able to leave. That's how it has been these past few weeks. I'm loving it! Hopefully, by the end of the transfer we'll have a branch :P I hope this makes up for everything I missed! Love you guys! Until next week!

-Elder Froude

P.S.
There are cows and goats here EVERYWHERE!!! XD No lie, the other day, we woke up to see a whole herd of cows walking down our street outside the house! XD

Mooo!






No comments:

Post a Comment