as of September 11, 2013

Monday, March 30, 2015

February 9, 2015 – Zone Santo Domingo

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

Boy, where to begin? Well, I suppose to apologize for not writing the long letter last week. Everything was happening really fast and I didn't have much time to write either. But here I am now with lots of stories!

Well, being a Zone Leader is everything that everyone has told me before; incredible and incredibly stressful! It's pretty similar to what Ian's zone was like when he became a zone leader. This zone has quite the reputation for being a lazy zone and a TON of disobedience. Luckily, I am companions with one of my best friends in the mission. We have been putting a lot of effort to reanimate the zone right off the bat. Hopefully we'll start to see some fruits of that. There are also some companionships that could use a little work too. So we will be going out on quite a few companion exchanges this transfer.

As for the area, I'm liking it a little more! We're getting tons of new investigators and a lot are starting to progress actually. We're working our butts off to meet a goal we made of 5 baptisms this month. The most I would ever get in a transfer! But yesterday was tough because only one of those dates came to church. They had all come to church before too. I love this country, and the people in it, but they sure do like to make up really lame excuses for not coming to church. Elder Barlow and I decided to not sugar coat our invitations to church this time around. They need to understand how important coming to church is! Of course we'll love them at the same time. ^_^

If we do meet that goal, hopefully, that will show our zone that good work in a hard area is possible! But it's a little tough when they don't come to church and have to possibly postpone their baptism if they don't come :P We aren't going to give up though. We fasted for it, and we will do all we can to get it! Wish us luck, aside from taking care of the zone, this is our biggest task!

We have got quite a bit to accomplish this week, and we will see where we are by the end of it. ^_^ Wish us luck guys! I'll write next week! Love you and miss you everyone!

-Elder Froude

P.S. 
I went back to Yamasa just two days ago to see Jose and Angelo's baptism! Pres gave me permission. ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment