as of September 11, 2013

Monday, March 30, 2015

March 2, 2015 – A Very Long Letter!

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

Sorry I didn't write a long letter last week! We have to write these weekly reports and that burns up a bunch of time I used to have to write. But before I start about this week, lemme copy and paste what I sent you guys last week outlining my week. Like Mormon did with the gold plates, I now insert my small plates into this large set of plates X) Sorry I'm silly:

''So lately all the interesting stuff happens the very day AFTER P-day. XP But I need to outline it, lol! Tuesday, we had interviews with President at 2, but because things got started late, he had to postpone it later that night after a meeting he had with the stake president, which we ALSO had to go to. We only had time that day to visit one person and then speed back all the way to the offices for the meeting and then interviews. We didn't get home until about 10’ish that night.

Wednesday was a good ol' normal day. Thursday was our district meeting, but President asked us to prepare something for the zone and train them in this model that President is starting to introduce throughout the mission. It's a report/follow-up thing that leaders should be doing. So we did that and continued working. That night, President calls us asking us and a few other obedient missionaries to go on an exchange with some missionaries still in the MTC, which all new missionaries do before they go out into the field.

Friday was that exchange, which went great! It was a lot of fun to teach some newbies the ropes. Saturday, Elder Barlow and I did another exchange with another companionship in the zone, and it poured rain that day and we got soaking wet. It was a successful day, but also a long one because I was wet all day.

Sunday was church and another pretty successful day but then drama happened in the zone and Elder Barlow and I were quite annoyed by it. XD One companionship lied to us about what they were going to do for P-day and another is upset that they can't play soccer in a group more than 6 (new mission rule). So we dealt with all of them and slept a good long sleep and here we are now. Whew!''

And now I, Elder Froude, make an end of this record. Lol jk! I ain't no ancient prophet! XD Anyways, this week was actually pretty eventful. We have a new companion now, we're a trio again. Elder Jimenez flew in here from the Pueblo Norte Mexico Mission to finish his mission here. His visa expired so he has to finish it here or he'll be an illegal alien in Mexico. Haha, illegal alien! XD But yeah! He's a super awesome missionary and hard worker and very spiritual.

So funny story of the week, the three of us were attacked by cockroaches at 2 in the morning a few nights ago. There I was peacefully sleeping in my bed. I wake up and sit up because I wanted some water. As I was getting out of bed I felt something lightly go ever my hand. I look down and see a big ol' cockroach on my pillow! Instinctively, I swipe the pillow, but I hit the pillow too hard and it flies across the room onto Elder Barlow. I'm still worried about the cockroaches at this point but I want my pillow back! So I creep on over to get it, and when I grab it, I find that he's cuddling with my pillow! I pull it away from him which wakes him up. He looks at me confused, thinking I just took his pillow. I just told him that I would explain in the morning, haha! Anyway, I go back to bed and cover myself in the sheets thinking it would protect me from the roaches. Not two minutes later I feel one crawling on top of my sheets! I have had it at this point, so I grab the broom ready to kill something. My comps are now awake but just ignoring me not knowing that I was fighting for my life against these roaches. When one fell on Elder Jimenez's back, he and Elder Barlow joined the battle, and oh, was it a fearsome battle!

This week we will be having a leaders’ meeting with President to talk about the progress of the mission and reporting on other things. Should be fun! We also have a baptism this week! Our first one this transfer.  We busted our guts for this one too. We actually have more people that have dates, but all of them had to be postponed a week. His name is Maikey, he’s 22 years old. He's super ready! He was also a 7th Day Adventist O:

And well, lo and behold, I'm low on time :( But it was great to be able to write about all these things. Next week I'm sure that more crazy stuff will happen especially with transfers coming up! Peace family! Love you guys! Take care!

-Elder Froude


No comments:

Post a Comment