as of September 11, 2013

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

June 15, 2015 – A Very Long Letter

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

Buckle up; this might be my longest letter to date!

Where do I start? I suppose I'll start with my super awesome new companion! His name is Elder Walters, from Utah. So far, he and I are pretty much being awesome together. I actually met him before in another zone, and we hit it off ever since! And now we're companions. This is either president's best idea ever or worst idea ever. ;D Best Idea ever because Elder Walters is a super solid missionary of great faith and enthusiasm. Or worst Idea ever because we're both complete goof balls! XD No, I'm kidding! I'm glad he's my comp now. He's an impressionist as well and we like all the same music and TV shows! Very often we're quoting movies and jokes to each other, surprising ourselves more and more how in common we two knuckleheads are. It's getting to the point where we say the same thing at the same time. Strange, but true! As for impressions, you know that I have a few. But recently, I have unlocked a rather decent President Monson impression. Imitation is the highest form of flattery ;) But that's us so far. It should be a good transfer. ^_^ What else to put?

So all last transfer we've only ever had 1 investigator at church, if at all. And members are always too ``busy`` to go out with us. Well, Elder Walters and I fasted (because we forgot to last week XD) to change some of that a bit. That same Saturday after lunch we started.  Other missionaries were going to have a baptism. Whenever we invited people before, they never came. Well, that night 3 investigators came and they loved it. AND they had questions they wanted answered. My companion and I like questions! So we put a date with them this week and I'll tell you about it later.

Then, we get a call also that night from a woman member from Canada visiting the country, saying she wants to come to church and bring a friend with her as well. Awesome, we say. They next day, they come and the friend turned out to be an old investigator we stopped visiting because he never came to church. Funny how that works, isn't it? Anyway, this member from Canada will be staying here for the next month or two and wants us to teach him and maybe even baptize him, depending on his progress. Other investigators came to church, and members all of a sudden were ''available'' to go with us. We ended up having  at least 2 appointments every day for this week with a member. Awesome!

Oh, so big news. Apparently for the past six months, a group of missionaries and I have been illegally here for the past 6 months. O.O When I got the call, I was told to just come to the office. When I got there, I saw a big group of missionaries, all of whom I knew, and we all went for a drive. Turns out they were taking us to the National Migration Department. I asked why we're here and they told us that we have been illegal aliens and we're going to get a green card. Well that's interesting! I've also decided that I don't like the process. XD Not because of anything bad, but because I was bored out of my mind waiting there! Elder Walters and I had an awesome day planned out too! Nope! Chuck Testa! But it's all good. I'm not breaking any laws anymore. ^_^

You know, 21 months I've been writing these emails, and I don't think once have I ever addressed the people that are possibly reading this other than my own family. Well, this part of the email is addressed to you, reader. Hello! My name is Ryan Froude. As a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we're referred to as Elders. You've probably read a few of my experiences here in the DR, some of them quite miraculous. Whether or not you are a member of our faith, I'd like for you to know that being out here is a gigantic confirmation to me that God is real and that He loves us even though life tries to convince us otherwise. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me personally on my missionary email address. I'd be more than happy to do what little I can to help. My personal email should be on the blog, but if you can't find it, it is ryan.froude@myldsmail.net.

Well family, that's about all I can write for now. My hands hurt! XD I hope that it made up for when I didn't write last week. Also, good luck on the move, Mom, Dad, Lauren and Richard! And good luck on your huge tests brody!! I'll write you all next week. Peace be unto thine souls! Love you all!


-Elder Froude

No comments:

Post a Comment