as of September 11, 2013

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 20, 2015 – Last Transfer But Not Done Yet

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

So it was the first week of transfers and it was a little nuts. My companion and I were only able to work like 2 days in our own area. Even though we didn't do a whole lot in our area, we still did a whole lot! XD

There were two elders coming into the area. Oh by the way, I'm staying with Elder Walters this transfer! Yay! Anyway, they were supposed to come on Tuesday, but they didn't show up until Thursday due to a strike that wouldn't let them leave their areas until it settled down. But we didn't know that so we basically waited in the house for two days until they came. XD Then after, we had to do an emergency intercambio (exchange) with the Zone Leaders for a certain meeting, and then we had more meetings. Bleh. But now we're in the normal flow of things!!

Something cool that happened this week was at a birthday party we got invited to. It was for this little girl in the branch turning 5. It was Doc McStuffin themed, and the little girl was dressed up and looked JUST LIKE Doc McStuffin!! It was so adorable!! I wish I had gotten a picture! DX

Also, I'm getting better about Vlogging! Since it's my last 6 weeks, I'm gonna get at least one in every week until I go home, highlighting the week's activities and adventures and such!

About the work here, it's speeding up again! We're working mostly on completing families in the branch. There were a few that we didn't know about. So we'll be working closely with them. One of them is Manuel's father-in-law who apparently is a tough brick. But we shall see! They want us to teach him and teach him we shall! We have an appointment with him on Tuesday, so we'll see what happens!!

I saw all the pictures you sent from Tita Nora’s funeral. It was nice that you all could see each other again. Though no lie, the pics were sad. But I'm glad that you were all there to support each other. ^_^

Thanks for the birthday greetings! I actually haven't gotten the package yet, but I will soon! ^_^ We're so far from the capital, they only bring stuff from the office like twice a transfer :P Hopefully, they bring them  this week.

I hope you all are doing ok. Even though I have little time left, I'm still not done! Here's to my final sprint to the end!! Talk to you all next week! Love you guys! Thanks for all your support! :D

-Elder Froude

Crazy rain in the DR

Me and my companion, Elder Walters



Yummy fish! 
Happy birthday, Elder Froude! From your nieces Laney and Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment