as of September 11, 2013

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 27, 2015 – Tough Week

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

Boy, this week has been a little tough! It seems that life is trying to slow me down! A lot of our plans fell through for other things and errands we had to do. Now granted, I don't regret doing those errands/things because they helped other people. Perhaps that's why things kept coming up. But allow me to explain in full.

So this week, Elder Walters and I planned to do some hardcore contacting, looking for more people to teach. There is a certain time of day we do this because during mornings almost no one is available, and nighttime is too dangerous to contact so we usually take a chunk of our afternoon to contact. Well, almost every day this week when we had gone to contact, an errand would come up and we would have to drop our plan and run that errand. It happened so consistently that I was suspicious of the universe being aware of our efforts to do missionary work. Then, when we thought we were clear to work again, my poor companion drops a super hot pan on his leg and gets an almost third degree burn on his thigh, so then we couldn't leave often because his leg hurts so bad he couldn’t walk.

After some reflection, I came to realize that my desire to work had been a little selfish. That perhaps I wanted to work hard just so I could say I worked hard my last few weeks here in the mission and not that I was working and doing the things the Lord needed me to do.

Other than that, Elder Walters and I are still best buds and trying our best! Hopefully, this coming week will be a better week for us. Sorry, I don’t' have much to share, nothing much else happened, haha! Oh by the way, it was my birthday this week! It was a nice and quiet celebration. My comp and I worked like normal, but we came back to a cake and a mini-celebration with the other two elders we live with. It was nice. I purposely didn't tell anyone it was my birthday. If I did the branch would have thrown me a giant party and you know how I am. I get uncomfortable when I have a lot of attention on me. Haha!

Oh, and I got my birthday package! Thank you so much! It was awesome!!So good! I haven't tried the Teriyaki Spam before though but it was so good! ^-^

I can’t believe I only have 4 weeks left on my mission and I’ll be home! But until then, I'll continue going at it till the last day of being a missionary! Thanks for all the support, guys! Love you all!


-Elder Froude



Can't believe I'm 20!!!
My favorite soda here in the DR

No comments:

Post a Comment