as of September 11, 2013

Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25, 2015 – Lots of Birthday Greetings!!!

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

First, I want to wish Tita Jona and Tita Cris a wonderful Happy Birthday!!!  50 and 75…WOW! I saw all the pictures and it looked like everybody had a fantastic time! I promise I'll be there for the next big one! And I'll prepare something special for the “program.” ^_^ Also, I want to congratulate my cousin Randall for graduating from high school!! Sorry I couldn't be there but I'll be sure to be there when you graduate from college or when you're leave for your mission!  And a Happy 18th Birthday also!

We're already in the last week of the transfer, which is pretty dang crazy. Didn't I just get here?? Well, possibly I'll stay. Since I have only a few months left, President will either let me finish my mission here, or move me one more time to finish my mission in another area. I could guess which it would be but I'm always surprised with transfers, so I won't bother…haha! Anyways…these past 2 weeks were pretty normal, no cool trips or adventures out of the area...just working with my companion in a good area. We are doing a lot of contacting member referrals but it's a little slow because we had contacted so many new people. We've spent last week and this week doing follow-up with these people, seeing who will progress and who will not. So far, we're finishing up the second round of follow-ups and the sift is working well!

Actually, there was a pretty cool surprise that I did with one of my Zone Leaders. After the District Meeting one day, they show up at our door and tell us we're doing a quick exchange. It turned out that they needed the original birth certificate of an investigator that was going to be married the next day and baptized the day after. But the record is in a place called Hato Mayor, an hour away from this area. But at the same time, one of the zone leaders had a dental appointment in the capital, two hours away. So I was taken to Hato Mayor to get the birth certificate and my companion went to the capital to accompany my zone leader to a dental appointment. We pretty much had to drop our day, but it was cool to go to an area I've never been too. Afterwards, we met up and went to our own areas, but it was already 8:30 pm by the time we got home and here contacting at night isn't too safe, so we just stopped by a member's house to visit and then went home.  An interesting day indeed!

Today, we had a zone activity and we played a bunch of games and a quick skit kind of thing. One of the games was a Church Trivia question game and the person who answered wrong got chocolate frosting smeared on their face. I was one of them, because of an open-ended question!!!  It was fun, though!


Btw, I got the package and the snacks and treats were delicious! But you know me, always sharing, it's almost gone. Haha! But thank you so much! I loved everything in it! Also, yes the dengue is completely gone, so I'm in the clear. ^_^

Next week, I'll tell you all about transfers! I'll see if I'm staying or going. We shall see. Thanks so much for all the pictures! It's great to see everyone and how they are doing. Can't wait to see you all again in 3 months! Love you guys! Miss you all!


-Elder Froude

No comments:

Post a Comment