as of September 11, 2013

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

April 27, 2015 – San Pedro de Macoris

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

So you all remember how I was in Amalia? Well, after being there a transfer I was called to another area, again. This time, as a normal missionary doing normal missionary things! Elder McCombs will still be ZL but he too was called to another area. As for our house with all of its problems? Well, we fixed it all. It has running water now, is super clean and all organized, only for 4 sister missionaries to move in! We have gone through a whole transfer with a house with problems, fix them all ourselves, and as soon as it's perfect, we have to move out! Oh the irony!! Haha, but that's ok, at least the sisters will have a nicer house and an amazing area. But that P-Day, we spent almost all of it helping the sisters move in to the house, with the help of the AP's, of course, and then we showed them around their new area a bit before we headed out. Elder McCombs would take their old area, and I've been sent out to San Pedro, another zone quite far away.

So far, it's pretty ok here. But I'm having a bit of trouble getting used to the area. I think it's because I may not like it as much. But I do very much enjoy that I'm no longer a Zone Leader X) And it sure made me feel better to know we have an amazing beach in our area! So it is a big city, but a little different from Santo Domingo. And so far it's pretty safe. At least some parts O: And the house is tiny and has no water XD But it's comfortable, actually. The beach is a bus ride away, but it's part of our area because it’s by a pretty countryside part called La Guinea. I'm sure in a few days I'll adjust.

My companion is a Dominican named Elder Valdez. He's hilarious and suuuuuuuuper black XD But he knows his stuff too, so that's good ^_^ We get along pretty well ^_^ Everyone in my district are so relaxed, even the sisters! XD I love it! I also live with an Elder from my first district, Elder Vasquez from Peru! Not my comp Elder Vasquez, a different one. We're working right now on finding 46 referrals that our branch gave us :DD As soon as we find them all, we can focus on the ones who progress ^_^

 Well, I hope that San Pedro will have plenty of adventures and new experiences for me. Let's see what this week has in store for me. It's also pretty nuts that I have only a few months left. Which is weird because I feel like I just got here and at the same time I feel like I've been here forever! It's weird to think about, so I just choose not to until I'm done, haha! But I'm up for the adventure!

I sure hope, Mom and Dad, that you get the house, though it will be sad to come home into a different house than what I grew up in. But I'll come home being the new kid in the ward!

Talk to you all next week! Love you guys so much! I'm always praying for you and dad and Lauren and Ian ^_^ Also, we'll see each other on Mother's Day!

-Elder Froude




With my companion Elder Vasquez







No comments:

Post a Comment