as of September 11, 2013

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

April 21, 2015 – Transferring again!

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

Boy, it's been a while since I wrote one of these! So sorry I didn’t get to write a long letter last week. Didn’t have enough time since I came on late.  Lots have happened since I last week. I'll start with a little miracle that happened this past week.

Our house was given to us in very bad shape (everything has been fixed now), and one of those things is that it was given to us with a huge water bill. We paid it a long time ago but just recently they came to take this cap off of our pipes and we could now have running water. But until then, we have been borrowing water from neighbors and using drinking water to clean and shower. We've been praying for a while for the water to come back. Well, this week the Lord answered our prayers many times over by sending us a STORM. It was raining very hard for like 4 hours, which is super unusual, and our house actually almost flooded! We took advantage and used all the water falling from our roof to finally do laundry and take a good shower. I love the Lord's sense of humor! XD

That was definitely a big highlight of the week ^_^ Oh, by the way, President is transferring me again. The third time that I have only stayed in an area for a transfer O: I'm going to a place called San Pedro de Macorís, or just San Pedro for short. I'm not a Zone Leader anymore!! I was feeling bad that I haven't been able to work as much but the Lord, in His humor, told my mission President to put me to help out another missionary as a Senior Companion. I don't mind though, I'm excited for the adventure!! Maybe I'll stay there for more than a transfer O:

Usually moving stuff is on Transfer Day which is today. But there was a change where 4 sister missionaries would move into where Elder McCombs and I lived just a few days ago. So the AP's decided to help them move in yesterday so that they had time to worry about taking missionaries home and bringing in noobs today. And because it was our house, we decided to help out as well, especially since the sisters are going to whitewash our area. But it took a lot longer than we thought. The whole 2 Bags and 1 Carry On thing doesn't seem to apply to sister missionaries. I'm just kidding!! We also had to bring beds and drawers from their house to ours. It took a bit of time, but they are settled in now.

Boy, I wonder what San Pedro will be like? A new zone and area and maybe some familiar faces! I'm always excited for the adventure! Coming in on my last three transfers though, I feel like I'm running out of ammo and I have to make every shot count XD I'll write you all about the transfer next week. Love you all! Thank you so much for all your support!


-Elder Froude

No comments:

Post a Comment