as of September 11, 2013

Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014 – Much more work to do!

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

Hey everybody! Sorry, I´m so late, we had a zone activity today. But because it´s so late, I only have enough time (and money lol) to send a long letter :(  But just letting you all know I´m ok today! Tomorrow is transfer day and my companion and I are still together. That´s right, I´m not getting transferred! I still have a lot of work to do here in Veron!

I´m glad to hear that you´re all doing so well! I really am glad to hear how you all are doing and all the advice you have for me. It makes me feel at home out here! Laney Reese and Hannah Claire are more beautiful each time I see them. Whenever I show pictures of them to people they all say they´re the most beautiful babies ever! Haha, but anyway, Mom and Dad, you both are doing awesome work in the ward and stake, from what you´re telling me. I hope to be able to make an impact like that out here!

This week has been quite a few adventures! Firstly, we have two baptisms this Saturday…Jasmil’s and Elizabeth’s! I totally forgot to take a picture of them both and send it to you but I´ll take the pictures this weekend for sure! But anyway, Jasmil´s faith is just so fantastic! She told us that last Sunday her parents and family went to the beach together, but she went to church instead because she´d rather go to church than the beach. Wow! She´s really excited for her baptism this Saturday…and Elizabeth too! There was actually a baptism for an 8 year old boy yesterday evening, and Elizabeth went to it and saw the baptism! She´s really smart for her age. Seeing the baptism ordinance increased her excitement for her own baptism.

I also want to write about the couple that we have that is investigating the church, Felix and Santa. They are GOLDEN. They´re the first investigating couple that I´ve met that is legally married out here! Also, they´re already super interested in religion and told us that of all the churches they´ve explored, they feel that this is the most organized and reverent and correct (because it is!). They´re also the nicest people! They truly believe in the saying, ´´Mi Casa es Su Casa,`` my house is your house. The ward is also doing a very good job of making them feel welcome in the church, which they enjoy very much! Their baptism is the Saturday after this, the 8th of March. They´re very excited!

It’s a couple like them that makes me feel so much joy in what I do. They notice the blessings in their lives with the church, and seeing their progression just makes me feel so happy! Not that I forget why I´m out here, but it reminds me of how the Gospel can truly bless the lives of people. As Christ´s representative, it´s my job to make sure that everybody I meet has the opportunity to accept it.

I have lots of pictures this week, but I´ll have to send them all another time because I have so little of it today :( But anyway, that´s all the news from this week! I know you said you´re worried mom, but you don´t have to be! Not only are you in the hands of the Lord, but I am too! He´ll take good care of me out here; He did the same with Ian!

Welp, I believe that is all for this week. I´ll send you all the pictures later this week, ok? I love you and miss you! Bye!


-Elder Froude

No comments:

Post a Comment