as of September 11, 2013

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 27, 2014 – Hace mucho tiempo! It’s been a while!

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Ian,

Wow!  Sorry I haven't written the past couple of weeks! All the zone activities that would take all day decided to take place on Mondays.  But anyways, I've got a lot of adventures to tell you about! Too many, in fact, so I have to condense them. But that's ok! I'll put in as much detail as I can.

Firstly, I have a new companion, Elder Vazquez. He's an American from Arizona but both of his parents are Latino, so his Spanish is pretty much perfect already. But he's a good companion! We work very well together.  We're finding a lot of people to teach and are getting close to baptizing them, some of which have baptismal dates for February 8th! We're both really excited for them!

The other big piece of news is that my very first baptism that I performed was this past Saturday! With who? Alexandra's little brother, Brayan! He's a good kid and Alexandra helped out a lot with teaching him. She's also come with us to teach other people as well. The converts and investigators here are so cool! I wish you all could visit the branch here and visit the people I’ve met. They all want to meet you guys!

Meet Brayan, the newest member of our branch!
Oh! I should write about the next two baptisms we have planned for the 8th of February! Oh wait, Dad's birthday is this week, I should greet him happy birthday now so I don't miss it! Happy Birthday, Dad!! I'll only miss one more of your birthdays and then I'll be home!  That actually reminds me something about Elder Rocha and his dad. They both love, LOVE Band of Brothers. His Dad has all ten discs in Blu-Ray, just like you!!!  Dad, I'm telling you, you need to be best friends with Elder Rocha's dad!  Lol!

Anyway, the youth being baptized on the 8th are Miguel and Jasmil. They're neighbors, so we were able to teach the both of them together. They both are very good! One is 13 and the other 14. They both have come with us to appointments that we’ve had.  Miguel enjoyed them more and is very interested in being a missionary!  Wooooo!!  We're so excited for them!  Actually for a while, we were a little worried about baptizing Jasmil because she was scared to ask her dad for permission.  So one cita, we decided to help her ask for permission.  Her dad is very "fuerte" or strong.  He could rip us in half!  We were a little scared too! So to start, we asked Jasmil to offer the opening prayer.  Instead, she blurted out "Papi, yo quiero bautizarme!"  Translation: “Dad, I want to be baptized!”  We were surprised at how suddenly she asked!  The dad asked if she was absolutely sure, and she said yes, and he said, Ok! Of course, there was a bit more dialogue than that but I can't remember exactly what was said.  But wow! What a spiritual moment!  When the Spirit wants something said, He will make sure it happens, whether we expect it or not.

Those are all the significant stories from the past few weeks. There will be more next week because the Zone Leaders will come down to interview Jasmil and Miguel.  And one more thing, I saw all the pictures of my big sister's new daughter, Hannah Claire Dye.  She's a beautiful and healthy baby girl! I can't wait to meet her when I come back! I'll write ya'll next week!  ^_^  I love you and miss you!!

-Elder Froude



My new companion, Elder Avarez
Me on the "Super Moto Concho" or motorcycle Taxi. Hehe ^_^


 This is an e-mail from a couple who met Elder Froude in DR...

Hello!

My name is Lori Dunn.  We just returned yesterday from a trip to the Dominican Republic and we were lucky enough to meet your son Elder Froude and his companion Elder Vasquez!  What handsome young Elders!  Both were all smiles all the time.  They seem to get along very well and genuinely like each other.  We attended church last Sunday.  We were all so impressed with your son's bright countenance.  There were about 20 of us from our travel group who were there.

Later in the week we, as a group, painted a school there in the Dominican.  Your son and Elder Vasquez were tracting nearby and someone told them there were a bunch of white people painting a school. :)  So they dropped by, and we got to see them again!  This gave those in our group who were unable to attend church a chance to meet your son.  It was an awesome photo op for those of us who have children currently on missions (and are missing them so much :).

My husband and I live in Sandy, Utah and are the parents of five sons.  Four are married and we have two amazing grandkids with another on the way - due next week!  Our youngest son is serving his mission in Madrid, Spain and has been out 7 1/2 months.  He is my fourth missionary.  I know very well what it is like when someone sees my son while he is serving and then tells me about it :).  I just wanted you to know how impressed we all were with your son.  You should be very proud!  He is serving cheerfully and is working hard.  The people in the Dominican are lucky to have him there!  And as a further aside, I would LOVE for my son to serve there!  It is absolutely gorgeous, and the people we met were all so nice and loving.  AWESOME!

I am attaching some photos of your handsome son - a couple with us as well.

Sincerely,


Lori Dunn





No comments:

Post a Comment