as of September 11, 2013

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 3, 2013 – Sick on Thanksgiving week :(

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Elder Froude 2,

First, I'm so sorry I didn't get to email you yesterday. A member wanted us to visit with a less active that happened to be during the email time, and then after that a member wanted to feed us. It went well though, so it was still good. Luckily, we have a bit of time today in between citas to send a quick letter.

I read all your email and saw all your pictures. Wow! Hearst Castle looks beautiful! I'm gonna have to pay that place a visit when I come back! And Laney looks like she had a lot of fun in that parade ^_^ And Dad, I know this is gonna be a bittersweet for you, but you should know that you have been a wonderful Bishop, and the Lord is grateful for your faithful service to Him.

The last week has been pretty tough for the most part. Elder Rocha and I have been sick the whole week. During the week one or the both of us would have to go back to the house during the day because we felt too sick to work. I had a fever and Elder Rocha had a bad cold. It was actually really weird; for 3 days my body wasn't retaining water. I wasn't sweating and I was thirsty all the time. I know it's ok to rest when we're sick, but it feels weird not going out and teaching. Of course, I would study or something when we had to go back home, but there was quite a bit that we could have done but couldn't because we were sick. I don't know, it's just a weird feeling.  :P Don't worry, Mom and Dad, I’m fine now, I just drank water constantly until I started sweating again. Elder Rocha and I are 100% again and are out and about.

Now despite the negative things, there were really good stuff that alsohappened last week! We invited Alexandra to baptism, and she said yes!  We set her baptism for the 14th of December! Yay! Elder Rocha and I are really happy about our first baptism as a companionship. We invited Sanmi to baptism too, but she's praying on it. We're checking with her tomorrow to help her with her questions and see how her prayers are going. Hopefully, she says yes too! Oh, and sorry there's no pictures today, Mom :( The computers here are super old and are slow with downloading pictures.

So, I didn't get to celebrate Thanksgiving here, but we have something really big planned out for Christmas! It's a multiple Zone Activity at the mission office in Santo Domingo. It sounds like a lot of fun! It's on the 17th; I’m looking forward to it!

Well, I have to go now; we have another cita to go to in a few minutes. I'll write you again next Monday! Love you all! :)


-Elder Froude

No comments:

Post a Comment