as of September 11, 2013

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November 11, 2013 – Happy Birthday, Mommy!


Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Elder Froude 1,

First, Happy Birthday Mommy!! Sorry I can´t be around to wish you happy birthday in real but the best I can do right now is to make this long email a gift for you because I had some really powerful spiritual experiences this week!  I did hear about the disaster in the Philippines and was freaked out for a few days about Elder Froude 1. But after praying fervently, I felt that he was ok. And after reading the emails, it was spot on! I´m really glad he´s ok, but I´m still praying for the other people that live there...

Let´s start from last week. For the first few days after last Thursday, things were starting to get a little frustrating because lots of our citas or appointments kept falling through. Also, the people we invited to church didn´t show up…again. Urrrgh. It happens a lot, though, to missionaries so my companion and I kept our heads up and kept going. One day, we were on the way to a cita we had, which was a referral from a member. She wasn´t there and we had about an hour and a half of downtime, so we decided to tract a bit in the apartments we were in that were new to us. The first person we found let us in and we talked for 45 minutes, essentially giving the first discussion! Her name was Yahaida, she was so nice to us and is interested in the church! She also fed us lunch, lol! People here are so great. During the lesson, I bore one of the most powerful testimonies I had ever given so far. Being on a mission and knowing how true the church is has taught me how to bear a testimony. If I am to invite others to Come Unto Christ, it would help if they knew that we are men of God with powerful testimonies in what we are doing. People listen to men and women like that. Confidence and sincerity sparks curiosity in people and it also makes room for the Spirit to testify unto them.

Anyway, along with Yahaida, we have two more new investigators. One in progress, Sanmi, and one that we just had our first lesson with, Christian. Both are really interested now especially after Elder Rocha and I bore our testimonies to them. Christian´s entire family are members so the church isn´t unfamiliar to him. I feel good about these investigators. I kinda feel like Lehi at the Tree of Life, wanting everyone to come and partake of the fruit because of how happy it made me. I want to share this with everyone! More on their progress next week! We have more lessons with them this week. Wish us luck!

Oh, I almost forgot! The phrase of the week! This week is ´´¡Ay Mi Madre!``  This is used in the same context as Oh My Gosh.  EVERYONE here says it, lol!

Again, Happy Birthday Mommy! :)  Elder Froude 1 will be home just in time for Christmas. I miss you all. I´ll write again next Monday with more stories. Bye bye!  Thanks for all your pictures!  It´s great seeing all of you :)  Laney is growing up so fast!  I have to go now :( Have fun in Apple Hill! :D  Enjoy your birthday!  I love you!

- Elder Froude 2
My companion, Elder Rocha, and I


Batmanning!
Missionaries in my district.  They're all funny!
My first Pica Pollo.  Everywhere else in Latin America, it's called Pollo Frito.  
Our casa
So many mosquitos!
That pool is right outside our apartment!  Talk about tentaciones! Temptation!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment